Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 27

Under the advice of a few friends, I decided to stop pushing my luck and really try and rest this cold away. 

So today, I stayed in rested and pushed fluids.

It made for quite the boring day.

I did, however, catch up on Weeds.  I hadn't seen any episodes of it in about 2 years and was very happy to find some of the episodes online, whether legally broadcast or not.  Upon catching up on the whole series thus far I've drawn some conclusions. 

#1 - Nancy Botwin is the luckiest white bitch in the whole world, even having went to jail.

#2 - Even though it's a fictional story, if they can get through times as hard as those, I should be able to get through mine.

#3 - Hunter Parrish is gorgeous, and I should probably try to have sex with him while he's in New York, heterosexuality be damned.

Since I had the day off, I decided to cook my mom's baked macaroni and cheese for Casey, Donna and Nancy.  Now for those of you who have never had my mom's baked macaroni and cheese, you haven't tasted the ultimate.  It doesn't need anything fancy.  Just macaroni, cheese, milk, eggs, and butter.  It melds into a casserole that's as good warmed up 5 days later as it is 10 minutes out of the oven.  And since Donna and Nancy had paid for the past two dinners, I thought I should contribute my share.

They absolutely loved the meal and were very happy to have someone cooking for them.  Again, it felt good to be thanked for cooking a meal, something I do everyday for myself.

We settled in for another Pixar movie even I hadn't seen.  Wall-E.  I was really moved by this movie.  It shows a post apocalyptic world in which we have literally trashed the earth and moved to space.  A lone robot remains to clean up the endless amount of trash.  I think what moved me is that, we're not far away from this being a reality, except the living in space part.  If we keep trashing the earth, I doubt we'll develop space technology fast enough to fly somewhere else.  And even if we did, how horrible would it be that we would have to?  It definitely made me want to recycle more.  And made me also think that even that won't be enough.  There are too many people using too much of our resources.  It's like we're climbing a rope to which we've already set fire.  Eventually it's gonna catch up with us.  And we're gonna fall.

Well, enough ominous predictions for tonight.  I'm still on the mend and need positive vibes.

Netflix/Hulu+ of the night: (null) Weeds on Megaupload
Non-alcoholic beverage of the night: Chamomile Lemon tea with honey

No comments:

Post a Comment