Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 28

Another day of rest.

Having finished Weeds, I started the day EXTRA bored.

After catching up on what little Hulu+ I've yet to see, I started to wonder if it really wasn't a good idea to get a little exercise in my system to try and sweat out the cold.  This whole rest and fluids thing makes me feel useless and lazy.  There was a time where that didn't get to me, but lately I've been in this whole "get my shit together" mood, and it's been feeling good.  Anything else feels like wasting valuable time.  But the age old way of rest and fluids, while boring seems to work.

So I put it to a vote, and my Facebook friends were split on what to do.  Some said keep resting, some said a little sweat could help, some gave me magic potions to drink, and still others recommended liquor.  So, I decided to do what I thought was best: a mild home workout and more fluids.  Being that I'm in ok shape, I thought that even if it wasn't a good idea to work out, I'm in OK shape so it wouldn't stress my system too much.  And it just so happens that A Scott Herman home workout just happened to be on my Facebook feed this morning.

So after a few hours of SVU, and sexting with an unnamed source, I started what I thought would be a mild workout, but it was a little more intense than I thought.  Perhaps because I was sick, or maybe because I've been off of my normal routine.  I got through 2 sets of the exercises and was definitely both sweating and breathing heavy.  I would have tried for a third, but being sick, I wasn't trying to prove anything today.

After the heart rate had returned to normal, I actually did feel better.  Maybe it was just the endorphins.  Who knows?  But I do think it helped.  And it gave me energy to go buy more soup.

Then it was back to the couch for more SVU and fluids. 

At least I caught up on some work.  I secured the models and possibly The Broadway Dolls for my gig at The Academy of Art, I researched some choreography for ICONS and now with this blog, I'm officially caught up with blogging.  And tomorrow, I have a voice lesson, another ICONS rehearsal, and hopefully a trip to the gym. 

And this marks 4 weeks.  And only 3 drinks.  I completely forgot.  Last night I finished Nancy's glass of wine during Wall-E.  It didn't even buzz me.  That's probably why I forgot.  No more till after day 30.

Netflix/Hulu+ of the night: Battlestar Galactica
Non-alcoholic beverage of the night: Chamomile Lemon tea with honey


No comments:

Post a Comment