Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 13

Again, late.  But no drinking.

Tuesday was the day of an audition.  A good audition.  A good audition to me is one where I'm right for the show, I like the choreography, and I'm on the radar of the creative staff.  And if I happen to know and remember the choreography, all the better.

I set my alarm for 8AM to have enough time to do my morning routine of cooking breakfast while I watch something on Hulu+ on my iPad.  I may have snoozed till 8:30AM, so I had to rush a little bit, so I may have only finished 3/4 of an episode of Desperate Housewives. 

I headed out the door around 9:20AM and got downtown a little before 10AM.  It's a good thing the audition was at 11AM so after going to the wrong studio, I had time to walk to the right one.

11AM came and went.  They were running behind as the girls were first at 10AM.  We didn't get seen until around noon.  We were taught the combo in about 10 minutes and then had to perform it in groups of three for the casting director and two of the creative staff.  That was the moment I'm glad I had a little previous knowledge of the combo, because a few of the guys were a little upset that we were taught so fast.  I gotta say, I would have been too.

But I guess all was good.  I got asked to come back and sing.  And after lunch with a friend, I came back at my allotted time to sing the song I had rehearsed twice in the past week, just for this audition.  Again they were running late, and I would be too if they went too far over my 3:40PM slot; I had a therapy appointment at 4PM.  I asked to be seen sooner, and the monitor obliged.  I sang, and got a polite thank you.

That's it?

I thought I did pretty well.  Probably the most confident I could be, given that it's an area I'm not confident in at all.  I know they were rushing through, and that could be why no other feedback was given.  Or maybe they weren't looking for my type.  Or maybe they weren't looking for any immediate replacement boys that day.  Nevertheless, I was upset and it got me down.

I certainly had a lot to discuss with my therapist.

The truth is, I put a lot of weight into this audition.  It would have been perfect timing to get this caliber of job right now.  And in a show I would love to do.  The only downside would be that there's someone in the cast that I have a little drama with.  But we're both big boys, I'm sure we could be ok.  All week I had been secreting getting the job, even writing myself notes to inspire my energy to manifest the job for me.  Needless to say, I really want this one.

If there are any call backs, I'm sure they'll make them known in the next day or two.

After therapy, I went to the gym and took my friend's dance class.  It's a fun class that lets me pretend I'm a black woman for an hour.  After the class I got a headache.  Maybe it was dehydration, maybe it was frustration over the day's events, maybe it was a lack of carbs.  Whatever the reason, a headache was there and making me feel shitty.  So as much as I tried to work out, it wasn't very effective.  So I headed home, picking up some groceries for dinner along the way.

At home I made a low carb dinner of brown rice fuccili with a ground turkey in a red sauce, topped off with a high carb snack of pretzels and hummus.

To try and alleviate my headache, I gave myself a facial mask, and settled in for the night, glad that the following day I had NOTHING to wake up early for.

Netflix/Hulu+ of the night: Xena: Warrior Princess
Non-alcoholic beverage of the night: Sleepy Time tea with honey


No comments:

Post a Comment