Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 16

I got behind on posts again.  It was Halloween weekend and I was out late a lot of nights. 

So let's start again at Friday, Day 16.

I started by waking up early with my house guest to take a 10:30AM ballet class.  I really like Beth Goheen's class at that time.  It's just easy enough so I can concentrate on placement and really working my body, and just challenging enough to not be boring.  It's a great way to start the day.

After my class, I went to the gym and worked legs and shoulders.  It's a little taxing to have a ballet class, and then go work my legs.  In fact I started to feel a tightness in my right hip.  It's one of the more common places that freezes up on me.  The soaz.  It starts right at the bottom right of my abs and connects to the inner part of hip.  When that freezes up, it's not great.  So while I was working my legs, I had to continually do this awkward looking stretch that looks like I'm trying to bite my own ass with my right arm in the air.  It made me very popular with the mid-day on-lookers at the gym.

After the gym, a steam and a shower, I headed home to let my house guest back into the apartment.  See, my landlord is being as landlords do, and refusing to give a shit that we need an extra key to the front door of my building.  So Daniel and I have been having to co-ordinate schedules to make sure that neither one of us is stranded outside in the increasing cold.  Currently, he only has a few days left in my place, so it's not a major deal, but still.  I guess the next time I need something done, I'm going to have to call everyday.  And maybe learn more Spanish.

Once I was back uptown I realized that poor Nomi Malone Ringler: Miss Kitty Fantastico (my cat) was out of wet food.  And since the food I buy for her is organic and only sold in certain stores, it's not available in the glamorous discount-shopping neighborhood in which I live.  So, it was back downtown to throw some money at an over-priced midtown pet boutique.  And while I was there, I picked up a new toy and some tennis balls for me and my frozen up soaz.

Then it was back uptown to get ready for an event I was invited to.  I dressed up in my favorite suit with a purple and black striped shirt and orange tie for an autumn feel.  Normally I don't get so dressy for "events" but it's not often that they include a celebrity appearance by one miss Brooke Shields.  So of course, I had to put on my Sunday best.

The part was for her getting her portrait painted on the Wall of Fame at Hurley's.  The cast of The Addams Family was there as were a few of my friends, and not to mention an open bar!  When the party was in full swing Brooke went to the front and unveiled her portrait which was lovely.  She was being ushered into restricted locations as to avoid the celebrity hangers-on (me).  But she looked great and was as social as her body guards let her be.

After she left, the party petered out and I continued hanging with my friends.  And I am proud to say, I only had diet cokes.  It was a free bar, and I was 16 days into sobriety, and I had diet cokes!  Go me and self control!

Granted, I had two slices of pizza before hopping the slow moving 1 train home.  But it was another successful night out on the town, rubbing elbows with a celebrity, and not drinking.

Netflix/Hulu+ of the night: South Park
Non-Alcoholic beverage of the night: Diet Coke








No comments:

Post a Comment